24 April 2012

You may call me jealous. But I'm perplexed by this.

So before I started work today I was browsing through the news on the MSN website and I came across this video.


Now I watched this video all the way through and it made me think.  Not about the fact that its Justin Bieber, but that would every fan-girl/fan-boy be obsessed with these people had they not been famous in the first place.  I'm using Bieber as an example here but if he were just a normal kid living in Canada, not famous, no singles/albums, no YouTube videos would this horde of crazed girls be that bothered by him? And the answer to this question is, "I Don't Know" because we can never know! but in my opinion, they wouldn't look at him twice.

Fame is subjective to everyone, whether it's down to if an individual "deserves" to be famous or how famous a person is it's subjective to individuals or in this case groups.  Gone are the days when doing something worthwhile for the human race now gains you the amount of Stardom that a singer or actor gets any more.  People with ground-breaking achievements, people who really deserve the fame and attention are overlooked by the majority of the population and the media because One Direction or Justin Bieber coughs and the whole world just coo's and takes it because that's the way it is.

I'm in no way saying that I'm not guilty of this crime... I have idolise actors and musicians too but not for the way they look and I'm in no way obsessed to the degree that most of these people are or at all, and what's weird is that these people are (I'm sure) perfectly rational, emotionally balanced people to which I can vouch for as (if you watched the video) I personally know the girl who hugs him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message...